Technology is always changing – and because of this, we are always interested in hearing from candidates who align with our core principals.
Helpdesk Support Technician
Helpdesk Support Technician
This is a Hybrid Role
Hybrid location – Buncrana, Co. Donegal
9am to 5pm (but this can differ for the right candidate)
37.5 hours per week
Salary – Competitive – based on experience
Own transport and full clean driving licence required
Fluent English necessary
Start date – ASAP
About Trojan Technologies
With over 25 years of expertise in the IT Industry, Trojan Technology is recognised as an industry trailblazer, with headquarters in Buncrana, Co. Donegal, Ireland, Trojan Technologies’ approach to IT solutions and client management is best in class.
Trojan Technologies continues to grow from strength to strength since it’s founding in 1996. Trojan Technologies specialises in providing servers, networks, and VoIP Telephony both inland and offshore.
At Trojan Technologies we put our people and customer’s people first, embrace diversity, and we push to constantly innovate and drive the most value for our customers every day.
Trojan Technologies is an equal opportunities employer, and we strive to map our employee’s career ambitions and personal development with their roles and to create relevant career paths.
We are a family business with clients all across the Island of Ireland. With this in mind, we are Team and family-focused with a strong emphasis on facilitating flexible working within our dedicated support hours.
The growing Customer Helpdesk team at Trojan Technologies strives to help our customers succeed and deliver the best possible outcomes and value by deploying our best-in-class solutions.
As a member of the Customer Support team, you will provide first line troubleshooting and IT support to our clients on a varied range of issues and queries. You will be responsible for responding to tickets logged at Helpdesk and following up with clients regularly until a resolution is found.
We seek a skilled Helpdesk Support Technician who is motivated to deliver first class customer service and excels in problem-solving. The ideal candidate will quickly learn solutions and processes and be able to serve as a trusted advisor to our clients across varying and multiple issues.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Resolve Helpdesk tickets
- Provide regular updates and follow up on resolutions
- Perform first-level diagnosis and troubleshooting support to end-users and clients, escalating issues for wider discussion where required
- Contribute towards Knowledge Base/FAQ documentation.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Duties will include
- First-line support via telephone and ticketing system
- Respond to client hardware and software problems.
- Provide support for all Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching, or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality
- Record required customer and problem information in the corporate Ticketing System. Update tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closing tickets with resolutions entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolve all levels of work orders as assigned. Elevate complex and/or high-priority problems to the appropriate Team member for resolution.
- Set up and test PCs.
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating System (Win10 / 11)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (O365)
- Microsoft Admin and Entra experience and knowledge
- Experience with PC hardware build and troubleshooting
- Own transport as this role can include remote site visits
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and planning skills, including the ability to remain calm and manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
- Experience of ServiceDesk (preferable)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
Personal characteristics, knowledge and skills
- You will be the first line of support to our valued clients and therefore a strong focus on customer service is a key requirement of this role.
- Professional, approachable and friendly demeanor
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and adapt, in a dynamic environment which can change frequently.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work harmoniously with people at all levels both within the organisation and external.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both formally and informally
- Solid problem solving, critical thinking and root cause analysis skills
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to balance multiple & changing priorities
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a clear, user-friendly manner.
- Hybrid working
- Lots of room for career progression
- Helpdesk Support
- Ireland (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote Buncrana Co. Donegal
Closing Date: Friday 26th January 2024 @1pm
Interviews: Interviews will be held in person/virtually w/b 6th February 2024
Please send a current CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Start date – As soon as possible – but likely to be mid February